Sunday, July 06, 2008

Goal: Failed

Yeah, that's right. I'm not to proud to admit it.

The totals for June: Run - 20 miles; Bike - 52 miles. So if you combine the two, I did go over my goal. Unless you account for the fact that biking is easy. So still, failure due to...

  1. Unrealistic goals. I think 50 was a wee bit too high. After my month of recovery, I needed to build back up to doing miles again, on a weird walk/ run system that took a lot more time than I was used to. 30 or 40 might have been more manageable, and I may not have suffered from...
  2. Lack of motivation. I just haven't wanted to run. This is an odd feeling, because before training for a marathon, all I ever wanted to do was run. I scheduled my life around when I could go out. I ran when it was 90 degrees out and when it was -10. Now, when given the option of putting on my running shoes or popping in a movie, I'll choose Netflix any day. My only guess is that I got burned out, because...
  3. I'm just not made for marathons. I love the idea of running 26 miles all at once. I really do. The feeling of power, the wind in my hair, the sweat on my brow, and the glory at the finish line. Mmm. But those hours. And those miles. And fitting it into my schedule. And the pain. And the food! I'll reevaluate next year, but for now, my goal is...
Run more than Mike this summer. You hear me, Fuchs. It's on.

No comments: