Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving Is Different This Year

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you're all enjoying your day off of work, and getting some serious relaxing in. Or some serious cooking, which, in my book, is seriously relaxing.

I'm a little weirded out this Thanksgiving, and I worry that this might just be setting the stage for the whole holiday season. This is my first major holiday spent living away from home. I woke up this morning, not to the smell of Polish Sausage sizzling in the kitchen, but to the pain in my head when the sunlight got through my eyelids. There's no football pregame or Macy's parade on the tv, because I don't think to put it on since it's always just been on. No frantic pie making, no turkey to cook, no excitement all over the house to hurry up and get ready so we can wait to leave.

Not that this is all bad. It's just different. I had a great time with the girls last night, eating some yummy snacks, drinking some yummy wine, oohing and aahing over pretty jewelry, and giggling tons. There wasn't much clean up to do this morning, which means that now I get to sit for two hours and find something to do with myself.

How are you spending your Thanksgiving Day??

No comments: