Monday, June 18, 2007

Thunderstorms are Nearly As Sexy As Ben Harper

Seriously. If we're talking about sounds that make me giddy happy, gushing about everything that's right with the world, then the music that God creates with His storms ranks right up there with the likes of Mr. Shawn Mc Donald and Mr. Ben Harper. The storm tonight is definitely not of the mellow, acoustic, variety that I've come to love out of these gentlemen, but it certainly is soulful and dreamlike, but with a strong, fierce energy that's about more than just the sound. The storm brings everything together in a wild blend of light and wind and rain, engaging every sense and causing you to pause in your everyday life and just listen.

This is music.

1 comment:

J said...

Very poetic. I am not familiar with Shawn McDonald or Ben Harper, but I truly, truly *heart* thunderstorms from the deepest part of my being. They create the exact symbiosis with my body that you just described. Always have and always will.

J