Friday, October 05, 2007

The Carrots are in the Trash

Last Sunday I got the immense pleasure of doing my grocery shopping at Sam's Club Mega Store.
I'm pleased with the following purchases:
  • 10 pack of athletic socks. Very cushy, like running on air.
  • 3 pack of sport bras.
  • 43 oz box of Kashi Go Lean Crunch. Give me another week and a half.
  • 3 pack of Soy milk.
  • 45 pieces individually wrapped string cheese.
  • 450 count multi vitamins.
Among the disappointments:
  • 5 pound bag of carrots that turned out to be slimy and gross. All attempts to dry them out failed miserably. They're still slimy and gross, and utterly inedible.
  • 2 pound bag of bananas, ripened very quickly, ended up being bruised on the bottom.
My lesson: Buy non perishables from Sam's. They're great. Save the produce for Pick N Save.

5 comments:

Eric said...

How much did you pay for the Kashi?

joshjs said...

Save the produce shopping for Sendik's.

(Or Janelle would tell you do save the produce shopping for your local farmer's market. She's a level 2 hippie.)

J said...

Is that with the +5 Birkenstocks of genuine braided llama hair?

J

Jessie said...

I threw away my receipt, but the Kashi cost something like $6. Pretty cheap, considering the volume is more than 2 regular sized boxes.

I would generally agree with Janelle. i love farmers market produce. But who has the time every week?

Anonymous said...

For a party we got a veggie tray from Sam's and the carrots were slimy and rotton in that too. I think Sam's has an issue with carrots :( -aj