Monday, January 01, 2007

First Post of 2007

The old has gone, the new has come. I like the idea of making New Year's Resolutions, and having a chance to start over and try something new. So often, though, people try something new, but everyone always seems to go right back to the old way. Or maybe you improve in one area, but fail in another. It's like that Seinfeld episode where Jerry discovers he always comes out even in everything he does.

So, with that in mind, here are the things I'd really like to do better with this year.
  • Spill less. I did pretty well the first night of 2007, let's see if I can keep it up.
  • Don't get burned. Yes, this was my failed resolution of 2006, but we're trying again. It may mean I'll need to stay away from hot stoves, or crappy guys, or both, but I'm hoping the benefits will be worth going against my instincts.
  • Stay healthy. In mind (read more), body (eat right and exercise), and spirit (more Bible reading, less stress).
  • [Update] Hug more, put foot in mouth less.
That is all. Feel free to list your own resolutions, and check back to see when I fail mine.

No comments: