Sunday, December 16, 2007

Here are the things that I've done this weekend in order to procrastinate from packing for my trip:
  • buy new running shoes
  • go running to test them out (more on those later)
  • take a long nap
  • check to see if Mike was online
  • go to church
  • eat snow
  • do my laundry
  • make a list of the things that need to go in my suitcase
  • check to see if Mike was online
  • watch several silly movies on TBS
  • make pancakes
  • go to Pulaski pool and learn how to lap swim. Maybe I'll do a triathlon this summer!
  • read the rest of the Internet. I think I may finally have reached the end.
  • go grocery shopping
  • clean the kitchen
  • make dinner for Tuesday night
  • wrap Christmas presents
  • fold laundry
  • check to see if Mike was online - he is, now I need to talk to him!
Honestly, through all of this, I felt so many of the effects of N.A.D.D., it felt like I was on some sort of drug. Many of the above activities were being completed simultaneously, as I moved from one room to the next, eyeing up some new project to work on instead of the one that NEEDED to be done. I was in the Place, not the Zone.

And as usual when I get Procrastination Sickness, once I started packing, I was done (as done as I can get) within a half hour. Sheesh.

No comments: