Friday, December 01, 2006

It's Snowing!

I love snow. I love how it falls in big white flakes that you can catch on your tongue. I love picking up a big handful and throwing it at someone, only to have someone else throw one at you while your back is turned. I love walking around in it, holding hands with someone you love. I even love walking around in it by myself, getting hypnotized by the swirling mass of white coming down from above. I love when it stops, and you look out onto a sparkling white back yard, disturbed only by snowsuit clad children and puppies, scampering around with blissful joy. I love the prospect of a snow day from school, and all that an unexpected day off holds in store for young and old.

I love that this particular snow day has fallen on a Friday, on the first of December, when I was just wondering how I was going to get into the Christmas mood now that I don't live at home.

I also love that the snow fell after my family and I got home safely from a wonderful performance of A Fireside Christmas in Fort Atkinson. The singers, dancers, children, and the entire production crew put together an amazing mix of fun and somber numbers, flashy and classy costumes, touching and laughter inducing skits. The Fireside Theater was decorated beautifully for Christmas, and the meal was impeccably put together. I got to spend some time with my brother's girlfriend, who is a very fun girl (I hope he doesn't mess it up!), and was highly amused by her joy every time the lights changed color.

I left the theater last night in complete, perfect anticipation of Christmas, and woke up this morning ready for anything the season has to throw at me.

I pray that the joy of the holiday touches you as much as it has me, and that stress doesn't creep in and ruin your spirit, or that of your loved ones.

Happy December, folks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY DECEMBER! We need to play in the snow tonight :)
Annette